Opportunity, challenge, growth and success. With a global presence of 42 offices around the world, MDD provides an abundance of opportunities for you to be challenged, grow and succeed. Embrace these opportunities and develop your professional career in a dynamic and friendly work environment.
Take the next step towards an enriching, rewarding and fulfilling experience by applying now.
Openings in Asia Pacific
We currently have no openings in Asia Pacific. However, we are always looking for exceptional and inquisitive candidates. Please submit your qualifications and cover letter to email@example.com
Openings in Canada
Staff Accountant: Montreal, QC
Time Commitment: Full Time
Our Montreal office is currently seeking a Staff Accountant to join our team.
MDD Forensic Accountants is a leading international forensic and investigative accounting firm with offices throughout Canada, the United States, the UK, Singapore, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Australia. We specialize in economic damage quantification and other related forensic accounting services. Services include quantifying commercial insurance and bodily injury claims, fraud investigations, product liability and recall investigations, personal injury and economic loss quantification in litigation matters. MDD has been retained to review all types of operations such as retail, wholesale and manufacturing including petro-chemical, mining, and pulp and paper industries.
MDD prides itself on our strong corporate culture and cohesive working environment. The ideal candidate will have excellent people skills, a desire to work in a fast paced work environment, as well as an interest in learning about new businesses. Our compensation packages are competitive with the major accounting firms.
We are looking for a qualified accountant with an interest in pursuing a career in forensic accounting.
The tasks performed will include, but are not limited to:
- Preliminary to intermediate analysis of sales, production and other accounting data
- Physical inventory observation, price testing
- Verification of claim to source documents
- Checking and proofing reports and schedules
- Prepare preliminary draft of report narrative and schedules
- Analyze and reconcile claim to final calculation
- Data input
- Invoice analysis
- Represent firm at local industry functions
- Attend marketing events and functions with clients
- University degree
- Working towards an accounting designation
- Up to 3 years work experience (post degree)
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to problem solve
- Strong communication skills
- Able to work independently and as a team
- Must be able to work under pressure or tight deadlines
- Bilingual – verbal and written English & French
- Ability to understand a business and how loss events have impacted it
- Willingness to accept increasing responsibility as experience grows
- Excellent computer skills – Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, Outlook
If you are interested in our Staff Accountant position, please email your cover letter and resume in English and French to:
Alaina Hern | Canadian Human Resources Manager
Address: 625 President-Kennedy Avenue, Suite 1015 Montreal QC, H3A 1K2
Note: Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Supervisor/Manager – Litigation: Winnipeg, MB
Time Commitment: Full Time
Our Winnipeg office has an immediate opening for a Supervisor/Manager to join our team.
We are seeking a candidate that has strong experience in litigation accounting services with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
MDD Forensic Accountants is a leading international forensic and investigative accounting firm with offices throughout Canada, the United States, the UK, Singapore, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Australia. Our professionals are dedicated to the practice of forensic accounting and litigation support. Our practice includes both commercial litigation and personal injury assignments.
Our experts regularly provide extensive litigation-related services and expert witness testimony in courts around the world. Current and past assignments include a variety of high-profile cases related to business disputes, natural and man-made catastrophes, lost profits, business valuations, fraud and corruption, business interruption, product liability and recall, and subrogation.
MDD prides itself on our strong corporate culture and cohesive working environment. The ideal candidate will have excellent people skills, a desire to work in a fast paced work environment, as well as an interest in learning about new businesses.
Working with the MDD team, the ideal candidate would be responsible for the management and completion of assignments; attending client meetings and communicating the results of your analysis in an expert report. In addition to file work, this position plays a key role in new business development and maintaining current clients.
There is some expectation of travel with this position, depending on the nature of the assignment. In addition, given the nature of our work and practice, there are many opportunities for domestic and international travel.
- Professional accounting designation (CPA, CA or CMA)
- Secondary designation (CBV, IFA or CFE) or substantial completion of a secondary designation would be a benefit
- Prior experience with litigation, business valuation and/or forensic accounting assignments
- Strong communication skills, attention to detail and ability to problem solve
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to manage an office and junior staff
- Well-developed analytical, computer (proficiency in Microsoft office – excel, word, outlook) and writing skills
- Highly motivated with a desire to exceed client expectations
If you are interested in this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to:
Alaina Hern, Canadian Human Resources Manager
Address: 201 Portage Avenue, 18th Floor, Winnipeg, MB R3B 3K6
Note: Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Openings in Europe, Middle East and Africa
We currently have no openings in Europe, Middle East and Africa. However, we are always looking for exceptional and inquisitive candidates. Please submit your qualifications and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Openings in Latin America
We currently have no openings in Latin America. However, we are always looking for exceptional and inquisitive candidates. Please submit your qualifications and cover letter to email@example.com
Openings in United States
We currently have no openings in United States. However, we are always looking for exceptional and inquisitive candidates. Please submit your qualifications and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org