Work for MDD
Opportunity. Challenge. Growth. & Success.
With a global presence of 39 offices around the world, MDD provides an abundance of opportunities for you to be challenged, grow and succeed. Embrace these opportunities and develop your professional career in a dynamic and friendly work environment.
Take the next step towards an enriching, rewarding and fulfilling experience by applying now.
Openings in Asia Pacific
We currently have no openings in Asia Pacific Rim. However, we are always looking for exceptional and inquisitive candidates. Please submit your qualifications and cover letter to email@example.com
Openings in Canada
Position: Staff/Senior Accountant
Company: Matson, Driscoll & Damico Ltd.
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Our Winnipeg office is currently seeking a Staff/Senior Accountant to join our team.
Matson, Driscoll & Damico Ltd. is a leading international forensic and investigative accounting firm with offices throughout Canada, the United States, the UK, Singapore, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Australia. We specialize in economic damage quantification and other related forensic accounting services. Services include quantifying commercial insurance and bodily injury claims, fraud investigations, product liability and recall investigations, personal injury and economic loss quantification in litigation matters. MDD has been retained to review all types of operations such as retail, wholesale and manufacturing including petro-chemical, mining, and pulp and paper industries.
MDD prides itself on our strong corporate culture and cohesive working environment. The ideal candidate will have excellent people skills, a desire to work in a fast paced work environment, as well as an interest in learning about new businesses.
Our compensation packages are competitive with the major accounting firms and we are an approved CA/CMA/CPA training office.
We are looking for a qualified accountant with an interest in pursuing a career in forensic accounting.
The tasks performed will include, but are not limited to:
• Preliminary to intermediate analysis of sales, production and other accounting data
• Physical inventory observation, price testing
• Verification of claim to source documents
• Checking and proofing reports and schedules
• Prepare preliminary draft of report narrative and schedules
• Analyze and reconcile claim to final calculation
• Data input
• Invoice analysis
• Represent firm at local industry functions
• Attend marketing events and functions with clients
• University degree
• Recently designated or working towards CA/CMA/CPA designation
• Up to 3 years work experience (post degree)
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to problem solve
• Strong communication skills
• Able to work independently and as a team
• Willingness to accept increasing responsibility as experience grows
• Must be able to work under pressure and tight deadlines
• Ability to understand a business and how loss events have impacted it
• Excellent computer skills – Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, Outlook
If you are interested in our Staff/Senior Accountant position, please email your cover letter and resume to:
Alaina Hern | Canadian Human Resources Manager
Address: 201 Portage Avenue, 18th Floor, Winnipeg, MB R3B 3K6
Note: Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in Matson, Driscoll & Damico Ltd.
Openings in Latin America
We currently have no openings in Latin America. However, we are always looking for exceptional and inquisitive candidates. Please submit your qualifications and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Openings in United Kingdom
UK Industrial Placement
We are currently accepting applications for the 2014/15 Industrial Placement Scheme. Details on the placement can be found here:
Please download application form here: http://mdd.com/?attachment_id=2398
Deadline for applications is 30th April 2014. Please email your completed form to email@example.com
Position: Global Marketing Manager
Office: London, UK
Reporting to: Karin Rising, Director of Global Marketing Operations
Time Commitment: Full-Time
Salary: Competitive salary with a comprehensive benefits packageosition
The Global Marketing Manager uses his/her considerable creative and analytical talents to produce messaging that is on point and effectively communicated to the industry at large. The successful candidate has oversight for the creation and execution of the firm’s traditional marketing strategies and tactics.
The candidate will also have a reasonable amount of digital marketing expertise and will use this knowledge to help the Global Digital Marketing Manager craft a top-notch digital marketing strategy that stares down MDD’s competitors and forces the industry to stand up and take notice.
The candidate must have a firm grasp of all that is required within the traditional marketing space to create effective and meaningful materials. He/she needs to understand how design, printing houses, promotional products firms and event marketing work so that he/she can create a fun, invigorating and collaborative atmosphere that involves working with marketing assistants – some of whom who will have limited or zero marketing expertise – and multiple vendors across a wide variety of environments.
Accordingly, the candidate needs to be dedicated, focused and innovative in high-pressure, deadline-driven situations.
Finally, the candidate must responsibly and confidently manage the firm’s traditional marketing budget, marketing assistants and vendors for all work that cannot be handled in-house.
- A bachelor’s degree and a willingness to potentially earn an advanced degree in a marketing related field
- 5-10 years of relevant experience
- Strong written and verbal communication with fluency in English; other languages are also considered an asset
- Some knowledge of digital marketing
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Works with the Director of Global Marketing Operations to develop, implement and maintain a global marketing strategy using traditional platforms that align with the firm’s overall strategies and goals
- Works with all approved vendors to create traditional marketing materials that effectively promote the firm’s expertise and services
- Creates and oversees the implementation of the global advertising schedule for all traditional media. Makes recommendations to the Director of Global Marketing Operations re: media placement and seeks out and evaluates new advertising opportunities for MDD to consider (billboards, elevator signage, etc.)
- Monitors and reports on competitor activity across all traditional media environments
- Ensures the MDD brand is accurately and effectively represented across all traditional marketing platforms
- Develops engaging content to best market our brand across both digital and traditional distribution channels
- Works to generate positive publicity for the firm
- Using his/her knowledge of digital marketing, provides insight to the Global Digital Marketing Manager on the creation and deployment of an overall digital marketing strategy
- Supervises the marketing assistants on the creation of all traditional marketing materials
- When required, recommends and supervises vendors for work that can’t be handled in-house
How to Apply
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re excited to hear from you; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Position: Graduate Forensic Accountant
Location: London, UK
Our London office is currently seeking a Graduate to join our team
You will be involved in the interpreting of financial data presented in differing formats in order to form conclusions as to the performance of businesses operating in any number of different industries. This will involve in-depth analysis of different types of historical data such as production or sales in order to calculate projections as to how this output would vary in the future incorporating any number of various external factors such as weather, competitors etc.
You will share your expertise and experience with colleagues and delegate work in a clear, concise and confident manner to subordinates of various ages and experience levels. Communication of results and explanations to superiors and clients in both small and large meetings will also be required.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a small office environment and be given the opportunity to make an impact at an early stage in their career. They should feel comfortable conducting reviews and investigations within both small and large organisations, have keen analytical skills and need to be of an outgoing nature with long term career aspirations. Business travel will also be required, occasionally at short notice.
Qualification and experience requirements
Achievement of at least a 2:1 in Business Management, Economics of Accounting based degree is a prerequisite and European language skills will be viewed as advantageous. Competency with Microsoft Excel and Word is also essential.
Accepted degree subjects
• accounting and finance
• business and management studies
If you are interested in this position, please email your covering letter and CV to email@example.com
Note: Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted
Openings in United States
Position: Senior/ Supervisor Accountant
Location: Chicago, IL
Time Commitment: Full-Time
The senior / supervisor accountant candidate has significant responsibility and must demonstrate high levels of independent judgment and is responsible for executing the full scope of engagements for a variety of clients.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Adhering to highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality
- Providing support relating to complex financial and economic damage quantification. Types of engagements may include: commercial damages, property damage and business interruption, business disputes, personal injury & wrongful death, and fraud & employee dishonesty matters
- Executing projects and engagements for multiple clients in a variety of industries
- Developing and executing forensic procedures, financial research, analytics, problem solving and critical thinking
- Performing and wrapping up engagements with responsibility for day to day activities
- Working closely with managers and partners on client management and practice development
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2 to 5 years of progressive public accounting and/or consulting experience in audit, litigation support, business valuation and/or forensics
- CPA is preferred and other designations are a plus
- Strong communication and technical writing skills
- Outstanding analytical, research, organizational and project management skills
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
How to Apply
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.