Status: Full Time, Salary
Location: Philadelphia, PA
About the Company
Tracing its roots back to 1933, MDD is one of the world’s top forensic accounting firms specializing in economic damage quantification calculations. With forensic accounting professionals in over 40 offices on 5 continents, MDD has global resources to assist our clients with their forensic accounting needs. MDD helps insurance companies, independent adjustment firms, multinational corporations, government entities, and individuals calculate the true economic damage of claims or disputes.
MDD is looking for a Senior/Supervisor Accountant to serve as an essential function of its construction and litigation accounting team in our Philadelphia office. The ideal candidate will have strong writing skills, a sound technical background in accounting/finance, possess strong communication and analytical skills, and be able to work independently.
- Evaluate construction accounting financial statements
- Review and analyze insurance policy provisions and legal documents
- Research, data analysis and evaluation
- Examination of source documents pertinent to engagement
- Analyze and reconcile claim to final calculation
- Prepare preliminary draft of report narrative and supporting schedules
- Check and proof reports and schedules
- Ensure compliance with state and federal laws
- Research and other tasks assigned by manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 3 years of accounting experience
- Experience in the construction industry
- Forensic experience a plus
- CPA or actively pursuing CPA designation
- Willing to travel
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must have demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Possess a professional demeanor and be a positive thinker
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
MDD offers a competitive benefits package including paid vacation and holidays, 401k and profit sharing, medical, dental, vision, and life and disability.
MDD applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to religion, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.