Status: Full Time, Salary
Location: Downers Grove, IL
Tracing its roots back to 1933, MDD is one of the world’s top forensic accounting firms specializing in economic damage quantification calculations. With forensic accounting professionals in over 40 offices on 5 continents, MDD has global resources to assist our clients with their forensic accounting needs. MDD helps insurance companies, independent adjustment firms, multinational corporations, government entities, and individuals calculate the true economic damage of claims or disputes.
MDD is looking for an Accounting Supervisor/Manager to serve as an essential function of the accounting team in our Downers Grove, IL office. The ideal candidate will have a sound technical background in accounting/finance, possess strong communication and analytical skills, and can work independently.
- Preliminary to intermediate analysis of sales, production and other accounting data
- Physical inventory observation, price testing
- Examination of source documents pertinent to engagement
- Check and proof reports and schedules
- Conduct phone or in person interviews to obtain information
- Prepare preliminary draft of report narrative and schedules
- Analyze and reconcile claim to final calculation
- Research, data analysis and evaluation
- Ensure compliance with state and federal laws
- Research and other tasks assigned by manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of 5 years of accounting experience
- CPA or actively pursuing CPA designation
- Ability to speak multiple languages, a plus
- Willing to travel internationally and potentially for extended periods of time
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle
- Must have demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Possess a professional demeanor and be a positive thinker
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
MDD offers a competitive benefits package including paid vacation and holidays, 401k and profit sharing, medical, dental, vision, and life and disability.
MDD applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to religion, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.