Status: Full Time, Salary
Reports to: Manager and Partner
Location: Boston, MA
About the Company
Tracing its roots back to 1933, MDD is one of the world’s top forensic accounting firms specializing in economic damage quantification. With forensic accounting professionals in over 40 offices on 5 continents, MDD has global resources to assist our clients with their forensic accounting needs. MDD helps insurance companies, independent adjustment firms, attorneys, multinational corporations, government entities, and individuals calculate the true economic damage of claims or disputes.
MDD is looking for a Senior Staff Accountant to serve as an essential supporting function of the accounting team in our Boston office. The ideal candidate will have a sound technical background in accounting/finance, possess strong communication and analytical skills, and can work independently.
- Analyze and reconcile claim to final calculation
- Participate in strategic planning sessions with accounting team
- Analyze sales, production, and other accounting data
- Assist clients with conducting interviews during the financial investigation to accurately identify all parties involved
- Perform forensic research to trace funds and identify assets for recovery
- Prepare preliminary draft of report narrative and schedules
- Evaluate insurance claims and economic damage
- Work closely with senior staff on litigation cases, first party property, business valuations
- Represent the firm at local industry functions alongside senior leaders
- Ensures compliance with state and federal laws
- Any other tasks assigned by supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 3+ years of accounting experience
- CPA or actively pursuing designation
- Ability to speak multiple languages, a plus
- Willing to travel internationally and potentially for extended periods of time
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle
- Must have demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Possess a professional demeanor and be a positive thinker
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
MDD offers a competitive benefits package including paid vacation and holidays, 401k and profit sharing, medical, dental, vision, and life and disability.
MDD applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to religion, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.