Status: Full Time, Salary
Reports to: Partner
Location: Downers Grove, IL
About the Company
Tracing its roots back to 1933, MDD is one of the world’s top forensic accounting firms specializing in economic damage quantification calculations. With forensic accounting professionals in over 40 offices on 5 continents, MDD has global resources to assist our clients with their forensic accounting needs. MDD helps insurance companies, independent adjustment firms, multinational corporations, government entities, and individuals calculate the true economic damage of claims or disputes.
MDD is looking for a Staff Accountant to serve as an essential supporting function of the accounting team in our Chicago office. The ideal candidate will have a sound technical background in accounting/finance, possess strong communication and analytical skills, and can work independently.
- Input and analysis of financial data
- Verify claim submissions to source documents
- Evaluate insurance claims and economic damage presentations
- Review reports and schedules
- Work closely with senior staff on litigation cases and insurance claims
- Assist in the preparation of accounting reports of financial findings
- Research and other tasks assigned by supervisor
- Participate in strategic planning sessions with accounting team
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Up to 2 years of accounting experience
- CPA or actively pursuing designation
- Ability to speak multiple languages, a plus
- Willing to travel domestically and internationally, potentially for extended periods of time
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle
- Must have demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Possess a professional demeanor and be a positive thinker
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
MDD offers a competitive benefits package including paid vacation and holidays, 401k and profit sharing, medical, dental, vision, and life and disability.
MDD applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to religion, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.