MDD is looking for a Staff Accountant to serve as an essential supporting function of the accounting team in our Hartford office. The ideal candidate will have a sound technical background in accounting/finance, possess strong communication and analytical skills, and can work independently.
- Participate in strategic planning sessions with accounting team
- Input data and analyze invoices
- Trace claims to source documents
- Evaluate insurance claims and demands for economic damages
- Review reports and accounting schedules
- Perform forensic research to trace funds and identify assets for recovery
- Work closely with senior staff on litigation cases, first party property claims, business valuations
- Assist in the preparation of accounting reports on financial findings
- Research and other tasks assigned by supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Up to 2 years of accounting experience
- Ability to speak multiple languages, a plus
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle
- Must have demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Possess a professional demeanor and be a positive thinker
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
MDD offers a competitive benefits package including paid vacation and holidays, 401k and profit sharing, medical, dental, vision, and life and disability.
MDD applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to religion, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Take the next step towards an enriching, rewarding and fulfilling experience by applying today.
Thank you for your interest in MDD Forensic Accountants.