MDD is looking for a Staff Accountant to serve as an essential supporting function of the accounting team in our Miami/Weston office. The ideal candidate will have a sound technical background in accounting/finance, possess strong communication and analytical skills, and can work independently.
- Review reports and schedules
- Participate in strategic planning sessions with accounting team
- Input data and analyze invoices
- Assist clients with conducting interviews during the financial investigation to accurately identify all parties involved
- Perform forensic research to trace funds and identify assets for recovery
- Verify claim to source documents
- Evaluate insurance claims and economic damage
- Work closely with senior staff on litigation cases, first party property, business valuations
- Assist in the preparation of accounting reports from financial findings
- Ensures compliance with state and federal laws
- Research and other tasks assigned by supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Up to 2 years of accounting experience
- Actively pursuing CPA designation
- Must be fluent in Spanish (oral and written)
- Willing to travel internationally and potentially for extended periods of time
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle
- Must have demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Possess a professional demeanor and be a positive thinker
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
MDD offers a competitive benefits package including paid vacation and holidays, 401k and profit sharing, medical, dental, vision, and life and disability.
Take the next step towards an enriching, rewarding and fulfilling experience by applying today.
Note: Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
MDD is committed to fostering a work environment that believes in treating all people with respect and dignity. Employee diversity and equality is an integral part of MDD’s business practices. MDD welcomes applications from people with disabilities. MDD applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to religion, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Thank you for your interest in MDD Forensic Accountants.