MDD is looking for a Staff Accountant to serve as an essential supporting function of the accounting team in our Minneapolis office. The ideal candidate will have a sound technical background in accounting, possess strong communication and analytical skills, and can work independently.
- Detail and analyze financial information
- Review and analyze report narratives and related schedules
- Participate in strategic planning sessions with accounting team
- Perform forensic research to trace funds and identify assets for recovery
- Reconcile loss computations to source documents
- Evaluate insurance claims and economic damages
- Work closely with senior staff on litigation cases, first party property insurance claims, business valuations
- Assist clients with conducting interviews to gather the appropriate financial information for investigations and economic loss analysis
- Assist in the preparation of accounting reports from financial findings
- Ensures compliance with state and federal laws
- Research and other tasks assigned by supervisor
- CPA or actively pursuing CPA designation
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 0-3 years of accounting experience
- Must have demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Possess a professional demeanor and be a positive thinker
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Ability to speak multiple languages, a plus
- Must have a valid driver’s license
MDD offers a competitive benefits package including paid vacation and holidays, 401k & profit sharing, medical, dental, vision, life and disability.
MDD applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to religion, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Take the next step towards an enriching, rewarding and fulfilling experience by applying today.
Thank you for your interest in MDD Forensic Accountants.