Daphne is based in Singapore and specializes in conducting fraud and corruption investigations across the Asia region. With a dual background in commercial litigation and forensic accounting, Daphne is uniquely placed to work with clients in identifying and mitigating fraud and corruption risks as well as managing and investigating allegations of fraud or corruption.
Daphne is a Chartered Accountant (CAANZ) as well as an admitted solicitor in the Courts of New Zealand and New South Wales, Australia.
Daphne has worked on multiple fraud and corruption cases globally, including but not limited to:
- Procurement fraud in a multi-national electronics organization, in conjunction with the internal audit team. The investigation utilized a variety of tools including forensic review of employees’ devices, public records research and social media analysis which identified undisclosed conflicts of interest between senior members of the procurement team and top vendors utilized by the company
- Bid-rigging in the award of a development grant by an international financial institution
- FCPA investigation into the acquisition of certain parcels of land by the Thai subsidiary of a multi-national manufacturing company
- FCPA investigation into a Brazilian state owned entity to validate allegations of illicit payments to government officials including identifying and quantifying high risk transactions followed by on site document review and interviews with persons of interest
- Evaluation of an international bank’s progress in designing and implementing a robust compliance program, focusing on the implementation of the bank’s sanctions compliance program across selected jurisdictions.
She has conducted multiple investigations into allegations of procurement fraud, bribery and kickbacks across Hong Kong, China and South East Asia. She speaks English, Mandarin and Bahasa Malaysia.
Prior to joining MDD, Daphne worked with other risk consulting firms in Hong Kong and Singapore. She moved to Asia from New Zealand, where she was a commercial litigator for various law firms and an investigator and prosecutor for a government agency.